I am a Ph.D. student at the School of Information of University of Michigan advised by Professor Paramveer Dhillon. Also, I am honored to work closely with Professor Qiaozhu Mei and Yixin Wang. Before that, I earned my B.S. degree in Computer Science from The Ohio State University, transferred from the School of Informatics at Xiamen University where I majored in Computer Science and Technology.
I am broadly interested in natural language processing, machine learning and computational social science. Specifically, I am working on the problem of 1) distributional shift and out-of-domain generalization in which I propose novel robust training strategies to improve the generalizability of models under different types of group distributional shift and 2) dynamic sequence optimization in human-AI collaboratative writing.
Previously, I was working on finding the political heterogeneity of reddit users with Professor David Jurgens at Blablablab. I also worked on text simplification with Professor Ruihong Huang in Texas A&M University.
- Classification without (Proper) Representation: Political Heterogeneity in Social Media and Its Implications for Classification and Behavioral Analysis 🔗
Kenan Alkiek, Bohan Zhang, David Jurgens
In Findings of ACL 2022
- Predicting Sentence Deletions for Text Simplification Using a Functional Discourse Structure 🔗
Bohan Zhang, Prafulla Kumar Choubey, Ruihong Huang
In Proceedings of ACL 2022
- CoGT: Ensemble machine learning method and its application on JAK inhibitor discovery 🔗
Yingzi Bu*, Ruoxi Gao*, Bohan Zhang*, Luchen Zhang, Duxin Sun
ACS Omega 2023
- Ranking & Reweighting Improves Group Distributional Robustness 🔗
Yachuan Liu*, Bohan Zhang*, Qiaozhu Mei, Paramveer Dhillon
Midwest Machine Learning Symposium 2023
Achievement and Service
ACL 2022 student voluteer award
Reviewer for ACL 2023, WWW 2023. Program Committee Member for WWW 2023.
- Initium. AI
Machine Learning Software Engineering Intern
May 2021 -- Aug 2021
- The Ohio State University
Student Instructor Assistant of CSE2421: Introduction to Low-level Programming and Computer Organization
Jan 2019 -- May 2020
🏀 🏊 🀄 🚣